Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bad Things Happen

Verdi was my best friend. His mum was my mum's best friend too. They were best friends like forever. Just like me and Audrey.

My mum was devastated when Verdi's mum passed away last year. I was also devastated, because she was one of my lifetime favourite aunty. And also because Verdi is my bestie. I was not in Jakarta at that time, so I cannot offer to comfort him.

Three days ago, my mum rang me, saying Verdi has also passed away. I am still unsure about what kind of illness he suffered from. But I feel like I do not want to know. It's sad enough to hear the news. I'm thinking of his dad. Verdi was his parents only son. How's the old man doing now...? I have to go to see him once I get to Jakarta.

This morning, my husband got an SMS from his bestie. It said that the friend has a tumour in his lungs. My husband is still upset now, because he just knew this.

When someone close to ourselves spill their good news to us, most of the time we will spontaneously feel happy for them. But it always takes time to learn the news when it's about bad things.
It is going to be like we stuck in the middle of confusion with million questions buzzing in our heads.

We need to pull back ourselves by realising that things happen. No matter how hard we try to stick in that moment with those million questions, the universe keeps making us move.We need to go with that flow. To keep us sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment